The “The World of Hans Zimmer – A Symphonic Celebration” concert tour is back on its triumphal procession across the world. The groundbreaking tour, which stars longtime friends and colleagues of Hans Zimmer – the rock star of film score composers – is set to remain in high demand. 2023 more concert dates will follow.
Hans Zimmer is curator and musical director of the show, but he is not performing live on stage during „The World of Hans Zimmer – A Symphonic Celebration“. Zimmer invited several renowned soloists from his talent factory and circle of friends to take part on tour.
Under the direction of Gavin Greenaway, Hans Zimmer’s soundtrack conductor – whom, he says, he trusts more than he trusts himself – the large symphony orchestra and all soloists will deliver an intense and unforgettable concert experience.
“The World of Hans Zimmer – A Symphonic Celebration” is a unique opportunity to introduce orchestral music to a new generation, to preserve the orchestral culture and present it in a less elite world. The audience will have the chance to delve into the thrilling “World of Hans Zimmer” with all its multilayered facets.
The “The World of Hans Zimmer – A Symphonic Celebration” concert tour is on a triumphal procession across the world. The groundbreaking tour, which stars longtime friends and colleagues of Hans Zimmer – the rock star of film score composers – is set to remain in high demand.
Hans Zimmer is curator and musical director of the show, and although he isn’t performing himself, he has invited several renowned soloists from his talent factory and circle of friends to take part in the tour.
Lisa Gerrard – the voice of Hans Zimmer who’s been known worldwide since the “Gladiator” anthem “Now We Are Free”. Pedro Eustache – the flautist of “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Kung Fu Panda”, amongst many others, as well as violinist Rusanda Panfili and percussionists Lucy Landymore and Aleksandra Šuklar, who already contributed to the composer’s Hans Zimmer Live Tour.
Further talented soloists chosen by Hans Zimmer for the tour are the singers Gan-ya Ben-gur Akselrod and Asja Kadrić, cellist Marie Spaemann, guitarist Amir John Haddad, e-bass player Juan Garcia-Herreros, pianist Eliane Correa, as well as the percussionist Luis Ribeiro.
Under the direction of Gavin Greenaway – the soundtrack conductor Hans Zimmer says he trusts more than he trusts himself – a symphony orchestra delivers an intense and unforgettable concert experience.
The official album by Sony Classical is available now. The recording took place at the famous traditional concert hall Wiener Konzerthaus featuring renowned ORF Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra and choir Neue Wiener Stimmen conducted by Martin Gellner in the course of the “Hollywood in Vienna” festival.
AFTER MOVIE 2019
A look behind the scenes of the 2019 tour of THE WORLD OF HANS ZIMMER.
TO BE PART OF THE SHOW
Learn more about the artists of THE WORLD OF HANS ZIMMER.
ENTER THE WORLD OF HANS ZIMMER
Create a music video to be featured on Hans Zimmer’s official YouTube channel entering a unique competition! Sony Music, YouTube and Semmel Concerts are calling all creatives to dive into the fascinating World Of Hans Zimmer. Participants can pick one of five iconic compositions from the World of Hans Zimmer Album and create their very own music video. A jury will choose the winning entries to be featured on the official Hans Zimmer YouTube channel and the winning creators to be invited to a World of Hans Zimmer concert. For more information and participation visit: www.entertheworldofhanszimmer.com
Good luck to all creators!
Dates & Tickets
“Hans Zimmer Live 2023”, “Hans Zimmer Live 2022”, “Hans Zimmer Revealed“ and “Hans Zimmer Live“ (between 2014 – 2019) as well as „The World of Hans Zimmer“ (on tour since 2018) are the only official touring productions produced and endorsed by Hans Zimmer’s production team and partners. The official websites are: www.hanszimmerlive.com and www.worldofhanszimmer.com. On those sites you’ll find the latest information, and links to the official social media channels.
Yes, Hans Zimmer curated the musical set list and oversaw the artistic development. It is particular noteworthy that all musical arrangements have been newly conceived especially for this concert tour.
No. Hans does not perform live on stage in this show.
Yes, selected moments from many of the movies are shown.
About Hans Zimmer
Hans Zimmer has scored more than 500 projects across all mediums, which, combined, have grossed more than 28 billion dollars at the worldwide box office. Zimmer has been honored with two Academy Awards®, three Golden Globes®, four Grammys®, an American Music Award, and a Tony® Award. His work highlights include Dune, No Time to Die, Gladiator, The Thin Red Line, As Good as It Gets, Rain Man, The Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, Thelma and Louise, The Last Samurai, 12 Years A Slave, Blade Runner 2049 (co-scored w/ Benjamin Wallfisch) and Dunkirk, as well as recent film scores including Top Gun: Maverick, Wonder Woman 1984 and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run. Most recently, Zimmer won the Academy Award® for Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures for Dune. In 2019, Zimmer scored the live-action remake of The Lion King, for which he received a Grammy® nomination for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media.
Zimmer has completed highly successful “Hans Zimmer Live” tour stops around the globe and most recently concluded the first leg of his European tour in April 2022.
Q&A with Hans Zimmer about Xperiments
“Some movies become a playing field for experimentation, encouraging the laboratory doors to never quite close. We ended up with nearly 16 hours worth of music and it just seemed a shame not to let some random tracks and demos see the light of day,” wrote Hans Zimmer on the release of Xperiments, a new soundtrack album featuring previously unreleased suites and themes written for the X-Men movie Dark Phoenix.
We spoke with the composer about the most striking film album of the summer.
The Dark Phoenix storyline was controversial when it came out in Marvel Comics in the 1980s, because some thought a hero could not become that dark. How much research do you do into a comic book storyline before composing? Or do you watch only the current film version of the story?
HZ: I knew the comic book, the story. And long conversations with Simon, our writer/director.
Do you read comics? If so, which character do you most relate to?
HZ: Frank Miller’s “Dark Knight” is pretty relatable, but any art done by Barry Windsor-Smith or Bernie Wrightson got me through my teenage years. ‘Moebius’ – Jean Giraud became a favourite, and then Art Spiegelman elevated it all…
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
HZ: Deliver a piece of music on time!
Marvel has rarely attempted to create characters with “musical” super-powers, (Dazzler being the most well-known) mostly I imagine because comics have no soundtracks. Do you think a comic could come with a soundtrack?
How did this album come about? Did fans demand it?
It was really because we truly had so many experiments left. The film had changed so much, but our core ideas had not… so it seemed like a fun idea to unleash those little bits of anarchy. Plus, so loved and really wanted to show off the amazing work of people like Loire Cotler, Suzanne Waters (she sang once 11 hours straight…). Guthrie Govan, Tina Guo, Andy Page and Nico Abondolo absolutely shine.
How was the process with your collaborators?
Let everyone invent, add ideas to each other’s work – be a band.
What can fans look forward to on this special release?
HZ: It’s basically a diary of ideas and seeing how they developed over time.
Xperiments is available here
Recognition for Hans Zimmer (selection)
- 1995: The Lion King(winner)
- 1999: The Prince of Egypt
- 2001: Gladiator (winner)
- 2002: Pearl Harbor
- 2003: Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron(nominated for best song)
- 2004: The Last Samurai
- 2005: Spanglish
- 2007: The Da Vinci Code
- 2009: Frost/Nixon
- 2011: Inception
- 2014: 12 Years a Slave
- 2015: Interstellar
- 2016: Hidden Figure
- 2017: Dunkirk
- 2022: Dune (winner)
- 2010: On 8 December 2010 the 2426th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the heart of Hollywood was dedicated to Hans Zimmer. Star director Christopher Nolan, with whom Zimmer celebrated global success with Inception, was present at the event. Speaking of Zimmer, Nolan said: “To me, there is no composer working who has done more to define the sound of contemporary films.”
- 2011: Star on the Boulevard der Stars in Berlin
- 2011: World Soundtrack Award for Best Original Film Score for Inception
Hans Zimmer filmography (selected films from 1988)
- Burning Secret
- Rain Man
- Nightmare at Noon (together with Stanley Myers)
- A World Apart
- Taffin (together with Stanley Myers)
- The Nature of the Beast (together with Stanley Myers)
- Spies Inc. (together with Fiachra Trench)
- The Fruit Machine
- Black Rain
- Driving Miss Daisy
- Diamond Skulls
- Green Card
- Pacific Heights
- Fools of Fortune
- Days of Thunder
- Bird on a Wire
- Thelma & Louise
- Regarding Henry
- Radio Flyer
- A League of Their Own
- The Power of One
- Younger and Younger
- The House of the Spirits
- True Romance
- Point of No Return
- Calendar Girl
- Drop Zone
- I’ll Do Anything
- Renaissance Man
- The Lion King
- Nine Months
- Beyond Rangoon
- Crimson Tide
- Two Deaths
- Something to Talk About (together with Graham Preskett)
- As Good as It Gets
- The Peacemaker
- Smilla’s Sense of Snow (together with Harry Gregson-Williams)
- The Thin Red Line
- The Prince of Egypt
- The Last Days
- Chill Factor (together with John Powell)
- Black Hawk Down
- Pearl Harbor
- The Pledge (together with Klaus Badelt)
- Invincible (together with Klaus Badelt)
- The Ring
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
- The Last Samurai
- Something’s Gotta Give (together with several other composers)
- Matchstick Men
- Tears of the Sun
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (composed by Klaus Badelt, produced by Zimmer)
- Laura’s Star (together with Nick Glennie-Smith)
- Shark Tale
- King Arthur
- Thunderbirds (together with Ramin Djawadi)
- The Ring 2
- The Weather Man (gemeinsam mit James S. Levine)
- The Little Polar Bear 2 – The Mysterious Island (together with Nick Glennie-Smith)
- Madagascar (together with James Dooley and Heitor Pereira)
- Batman Begins (together with James Newton Howard)
- The Holiday
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- The Da Vinci Code
- The Simpsons Movie
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
- August Rush (together with Mark Mancina)
- Road to Fame (Casi divas)
- Kung Fu Panda (together with John Powell)
- The Dark Knight (together with James Newton Howard)
- The Burning Plain
- Madagascar 2
- Angels & Demons
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (supplementary music)
- Sherlock Holmes
- It’s Complicated (together with Heitor Pereira)
- The Dilemma (together with Lorne Balfe)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (together with Rodrigo y Gabriela)
- Kung Fu Panda 2 (together with John Powell)
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted
- The Dark Knight Rises
- The Bible (mini series, together with Lorne Balfe)
- Man of Steel
- The Lone Ranger
- Morgan’s Last Love
- 12 Years a Slave
- Woman in Gold (together with Martin Phipps)
- The Little Prince
- Kung Fu Panda 3
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (score producer)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (together with Junkie XL)
- Hidden Figures
- The Boss Baby
- Oceans: Our Blue Planet
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix
- The Lion King
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run
- Wonder Woman 1984
- The Surviver
- No Time To Die
- Army of Thieves
- The Unforgivable
- Top Gun: Maverick
2009: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (together with Lorne Balfe)
2011: Crysis 2 (together with Lorne Balfe, Tilman Sillescu and Borislav Slavov)
2011: Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (together with Lorne Balfe)
2013: Beyond: Two Souls (production; music by Lorne Balfe and Normand Corbeil)
2018: Fifa 19 (production; music by Lorne Balfe)